Colorado Winter Outdoor Grants Application
The Colorado Restaurant Foundation (“Foundation”) has established an emergency assistance program within the Foundation to assist Colorado restaurants affected by the Covid -19 crisis. This fund will be known as the Colorado Outdoor Winter Dining Grant Program (“the Program”). The Program is designated for Colorado restaurants that have demonstrated financial need as defined by the Foundation’s Board of Directors in time of declared Covid-19 disaster.
These guidelines generally outline the eligibility requirements and the application review process for the Program and should be referred to during the application process. Please note that funds are limited. Applicants to the small business Colorado Outdoor Winter Dining Grant Program may or may not receive a grant from the Program.
The Program is administered by the Foundation committee charged with reviewing all applications per the standardized eligibility requirements and criteria set forth below, as well as specific requirements established by the Foundation’s staff and partners. Decisions regarding gifts/grants from the fund are at the sole discretion of the Foundation and the Grant Executive Committee.
THE PROGRAM: The Colorado Outdoor Winter Dining Grant Program assists Colorado-based restaurants that are experiencing financial hardship because of the Covid-19 crisis and state and local regulations limiting the number of customers in indoor spaces. Recipients must use the grant funds to purchase items needed to maintain outdoor dining spaces for patrons during colder weather (Note: Eligible expenses are listed below).
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY FOR GRANT FUNDS:
- Only Colorado-based restaurants are eligible (food and beverage service must be the primary operation). Restaurant must be located in Colorado and majority-owned by Colorado residents.
- Eligible restaurants must be open to the public for on-site food and beverage preparation and service at least 5 days a week.
- Eligible restaurants must be in good standing with their state and local government.
- Grant funds must be used to purchase items needed to maintain outdoor dining spaces for patrons during colder weather (“Eligible Expenses”)
- Projects completed after August 1, projects in process, or planned projects that will be completed by January 15 are eligible to apply.
- Proof of hardship – special priority will be given to businesses that can show a year over year revenue loss of more than 40%. Any restaurant that can show a loss of 20% or more will be considered.
- Equitable geographic distribution in Colorado will be considered as this a statewide program.
- Corporate-owned chain locations are not eligible. Franchisees are welcome to apply.
- For grant awardees, ½ of the funding will be distributed upon notification of the award. Final funding (second ½) depends on submission of a photo of the completed space plus receipts for all Eligible Expenses.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You may receive assistance from the Program only once.
- Consideration may be given to more creative concepts that may help drive tourism to the area.
- Consideration may be given to the importance of the outdoor space to the overall seating capacity of the restaurant.
Any restaurant that is owned in whole or in part by any staff member of the Colorado Restaurant Association (“CRA”) or the Colorado Restaurant Foundation, or a family member of any staff member of the Foundation or CRA, are not eligible to apply to the Program. Any restaurant that is owned in whole or in part by any member of the Review Committee or Executive Committee for the Program, or a family member of any member of the Review Committee or Executive Committee for the Program are not eligible to apply for the Program.
Grant/Gift parameters will be set by the Foundation’s Board of Directors. As stated above, funds are limited. Applicants to the Program may or may not receive a grant from the Program. The Foundation shall determine who receives awards and the amount of the awards in its sole discretion based on these Guidelines and the applications received. The maximum amount awarded will be $10,000.
In all circumstances, grants from the Program will be made only to help pay for limited types of Eligible Expenses, which include but are not limited to:
- Architectural or design fees
- Construction materials and contractor fees
- Heaters and/or heating equipment or expenses related to heating
- Snow removal
- Safety measures/equipment
- Cold-weather gear for staff or patrons
- Other expenses directly related to your outdoor dining program
In order to respect the confidential nature of the business hardship verification process, applications will be sent directly to the Foundation. Application materials will not be shared with anyone other than the Foundation’s Staff, Board of Directors, its Officers and Review Committee members, and its designated agents. Once eligibility has been verified, the Foundation will move forward with the application review process.
The Foundation will use a staff and committee review process to evaluate the application per the criteria and guidelines laid out herein.
The committee will review applications as received and will endeavor to review and complete the process in a timely manner. If additional documentation is needed by the committee, the committee will contact the applicant directly.
Note: All applicants must agree that in the event they are awarded a grant, they will submit photographs of their completed projects prior to receiving the 2nd half of their grant payment and agree that those photographs may be used (royalty free) by the Colorado Restaurant Association, the Colorado Restaurant Foundation and the State of Colorado to promote the Colorado Winter Outdoor Dining Program.
Goal: Two grant rounds (a third round may be established based on fundraising)
|Application Opens||Application Closes||Prep Apps for review||CRF Staff Review & Deliberation||Exec Comm Deliberation||$ Out the Door|
|Round 1||Sunday 11/1||11/13||11/14, 11/15||11/19||11/20||Monday 11/23|
|Round 2||Mon. 11/30||12/11||12/14, 12/15||12/17||12/18||Monday 12/21|
*The Foundation may revise these guidelines, or terminate the Program, at any time, without prior notice.
Complete Your Application Below
Round 2 for the Colorado Winter Outdoor Grants Application has closed.